First Grave on the Right Review -- Darynda Jones

First Grave on the Right (Charley Davidson, #1)First Grave on the Right by Darynda Jones

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


If I could only say one thing about First Grave on the Right, it's that the main character Charlotte "Charley" Davidson is ROFLMAO, pee-your-pants, snort-and-snicker-in-the-middle-of-class funny. Her constant witty remarks about random observations will keep you laughing into the wee hours of the morning. But, since I'm allowed more than just one thing to say, I'm going to also say that the premise of the novel is devilishly clever, and the supporting cast of characters is nothing short of entertaining. Something about First Grave felt like it was missing, but I can't place a finger on it. The mystery of the novel is . . . well, mysterious.
One thing about First Grave that slightly annoyed me was how Jones gave some supporting characters nicknames that Charley had created, and she'd go back and forth calling that character by both names. In Uncle Bob's case, it took me until the book was nearly halfway over to determine that his nickname was him and not a different character.

If you're looking for a book with high-quantity and -quality humor, First Grave is for you! If you're looking for a book with a well-developed and shrouded-in-darkness mystery, First Grave is for you! If you're looking for a spunky, kick-ass heroine, First Grave is for you! `



View all my reviews

Comments