ACROSS THE UNIVERSE Review -- Beth Revis

Across the Universe (Across the Universe, #1)Across the Universe by Beth Revis

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

----

FINALLY got this at Borders. Now, I can play with the reversible jacket ALL I WANT.

----

REVIEW TIME!
This time, I'm actually going to write a decent, long review. The past few I've been slacking, and I apologize for that. Without further ado . . .

MY REVIEW!

description

description

 It's . . . explosive. *snickers*

Across the Universe is going to be an extremely difficult book to point out flaws in, because I was enraptured in the wonderful and beautiful story the entire time I was reading it, and I didn't have time to look for flaws (well, there was one typo: "cryo" was changed to "cyro."
As I was saying, the first chapter starts off with a bang, and the intensity doesn't lower at all throughout the almost-400 pages of the book. I don't know about you, but I LURVED all of the characters.

description
Especially Amy. She was just this fireball of awesomeness and joy and wonder and PASSION!

Elder was pretty awesome, too. I like how all of the non-corrupt characters really love fighting what they believe in.
description


From the very first page, I was completely in love with the story, and if I wouldn't have had to, I wouldn't have put it down. It was THAT good. I really cared about the characters, really developed a sense of respect for them. I love how in this book, the lines between right and wrong, good and bad, blur, and you don't know which is which for a while, because the main characters don't.

The plot, characterization, writing, and organization all earn solid five stars from me, because I thought this book was incredible, and while it did remind me a bit of Glow (they're both different enough in their own ways to where they don't just seem like carbon copies), I really enjoyed both of them and can't wait for each of their respective sequels.

Comments