The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer -- Michelle Hodkin (5 owls)





Title: The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer
Author: Michelle Hodkin
Pages: 452
Format: Hardcover


From Goodreads:


Mara Dyer doesn't think life can get any stranger than waking up in a hospital with no memory of how she got there.
It can.
She believes there must be more to the accident she can't remember that killed her friends and left her mysteriously unharmed.
There is.
She doesn't believe that after everything she's been through, she can fall in love.
She's wrong.



Review:




Let's face it everyone: this book was so good.


I'm pretty sure that if I read this book in only one day (as opposed to the eightit took me to read, what with NaNo and stuff going on), it would have been a lot better for me. I began to get a little disconnected in the middle, but that'smyfault, because I didn't have any time to read it.

But, let's pretend I did, shall we?

Mara Dyer doesn't think life can get any stranger than waking up in a hospital with no memory of how she got there. IT CAN.

The premise of this book, plus the cover, had me itching to read it. I was really excited when I started reading, because I'd seen the book around for months before I finally decided to pick it up. When I did, I totally didn't regret it, because from the very first page, the book grabs you and won't let you go. I have a feeling that if I would've read this in a night, I would've not been able to put it down, only to look up after you've turned the last page at one-thirty in the morning and go WTF?

She believes there must be more to the accident she can't remember that killed her friends and left her mysteriously unharmed. THERE IS.

Toward the middle of the book, the plot started to get a little muddy, but it was probably because of the fact that I had to put the book down and lose the naturally built-up excitement every five or ten pages.


She doesn't believe that after everything she's been through, she can fall in love. SHE'S WRONG.


The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer is destined to make you laugh and make you scared out of your wits within minutes of each other, and if that's not the sign of a great book, I don't know what is! Make sure you read the book during the day time. . . .




Five Owls

Comments

Anonymous said…
Came across your site for the first time a few days ago. Love what you are doing here. Keep up the good work and I look forward to following. Thanks!

-Danielle