The Night Circus review -- Erin M.







Title: The Night Circus
Author: Erin Morgenstern
Format: library hardcover ($26.95 US)


























I AM Ultimately Conflicted

So, let's do this like an Amazon review for a skincare product:

PROS:
Beautiful Writing
Genius Premise
Entertaining Mystery
Fantastic Ending
Highly-Researched Worldbuilding

CONS:
Boring as Something Really Boring
Not-so-Connected Characters
Plot Confusion
Timeline Confusion
Overall WTF-Confusion

The Night Circus is one of those books that you love but at the same time you really don't, for the reasons lifted above. If you're okay with a plot that moves . . . well, not at all, but you can still maintain being enraptured from the gorgeous writing and the mysterious elements, this is definitely the book for you. If a nonexistent plot makes you want to throw a book out of your window, I recommend you find something else to read.



(Tentatively) Three Owls

Comments

I had a similar reaction to this book when I read/reviewed it. I liked it, but it was just kind of a dull plot. I expect there to just be MORE I guess.
Ελλάδα said…
Really? Completely enchanting? How awesome is that. I've got to read this book now. Thanks for the review!
Unknown said…
haha! nice review. I've hear about this book, but never read it. I might still read it!